[Cython] Git workflow, branches, pull requests

Dag Sverre Seljebotn d.s.seljebotn at astro.uio.no
Fri May 6 09:14:28 CEST 2011

On 05/05/2011 11:07 PM, Robert Bradshaw wrote:
> I don't like the default to be "don't pull from me"--I'd rather there
> be some convention to indicate a branch is being used as a queue.
> Maybe even foo-queue, or a leading underscore if people like that.

I've seen leading underscore being used by other people on github, so
let's settle on that for now.

Of course, if you do pull from a non-master branch, you should be
communicating a lot about that fact anyway; it's a bad idea for a lot of
other reasons as well.

I've updated http://wiki.cython.org/HackerGuide.

Here's an example of prior art in git workflows, developed I think
primarily for IPython:

https://github.com/matthew-brett/gitwash

It's essentially some Sphinx documentation with replacable names ("To
contribute to PROJECTNAME, you should get an account on github...") that
one can merge into ones own documentation. If anybody is interested in
looking at that I'm all for it.

Dag Sverre