[Cython] Control Flow

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Mon May 30 22:41:50 CEST 2011

Vitja Makarov, 30.05.2011 22:15:
> 2011/5/30 Stefan Behnel:
>> Vitja Makarov, 30.05.2011 20:53:
>>>
>>> I see sigsegv in lxml tests:
>>>
>>> 1222/1364 ( 89.6%): test_xmlschema_import_file
>>> (lxml.tests.test_xmlschema.ETreeXMLSchemaTestCase) ... Segmentation
>>> fault
>>>
>>> https://sage.math.washington.edu:8091/hudson/job/cython-devel-lxml-trunk-py27/890/console
>>>
>>> Is that control flow related issue?
>>
>> No, don't bother with that one.
>>
>> It's been crashing at that point for ages and I can't figure out why. It
>> only crashes on sage.math, and only when running two of the tests in
>> combination (a threading test and the one above). So far, I couldn't
>> reproduce this on any other machine, nor is it any clear what may trigger
>> this. I'm pretty sure it's not a Cython related bug, though.
>
> Ok, according to last 4 builds it's fails 75% so maybe try to run it
> under gdb with bt hook?

I *know* where it fails. But that doesn't really tell me *why* it fails. As
I said, it only crashes when one of the threading tests runs before it. I
can only guess that the thread interaction somehow leaves libxml2 in an
inconsistent state, which then triggers a crash later on in the schema test.