[Cython] Segmentation fault with generator expressions in a cdef class (Cython 0.15.1)

Rauli Ruohonen rauli.ruohonen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 19:03:26 CET 2011

Hi,

I don't know if this has been reported yet (didn't notice a ticket
with a quick look though), but I just downloaded and installed the
latest Cython tarball and got a segfault this way:

rauli at ubuntu:~/example$ ls
bar.py  foo.pyx
rauli at ubuntu:~/example$ python bar.py
Segmentation fault
rauli at ubuntu:~/example$ cat bar.py
import pyximport; pyximport.install()
import foo

foo.Foo()
rauli at ubuntu:~/example$ cat foo.pyx
cdef class Foo(object):

   cdef object bar

   def __init__(self):
       self.bar = 'baz'
       (i for i in self.bar)
rauli at ubuntu:~/example$ uname -a
Linux ubuntu 2.6.38-10-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jun 28 15:07:17 UTC
2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
rauli at ubuntu:~/example$ cython --version
Cython version 0.15.1
rauli at ubuntu:~/example$ python --version
Python 2.7.1+
rauli at ubuntu:~/example$