[Cython] Cython-ctypes branch

Romain Guillebert romain.py at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 20:43:29 CEST 2011

Hi

I'll try to do that this week, I agree that it's better to get this
branch merged.

Rpython isn't suitable at all for this kind of use case because you have
to recompile the entire PyPy executable each time you change a library
(long compile time and big memory consumption), loading modules is not
trivial, the entire program must be type-inferable (which probably isn't
the case of most Cython programs), global variables are considered
constants, and I think (don't quote me) that the JIT doesn't work on
rpython code.

I have no idea on the speedup/slowdown though.

Cheers
Romain