[Cython] Cython 0.16

Robert Bradshaw robertwb at math.washington.edu
Sat Oct 29 00:37:14 CEST 2011

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 1:59 PM, mark florisson
<markflorisson88 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 28 October 2011 21:55, Robert Bradshaw <robertwb at math.washington.edu> wrote:
>> With Mark's fused types and memory views going in, I think it's about
>> time for a new release. Thoughts? Anyone want to volunteer to take up
>> the process?
>>
>> - Robert
>>

> That'd be cool. However there are a few outstanding issues:
>    a) the compiler is somewhat slower (possible solution: lazy utility codes)

Yeah, I forgot about that. This should get resolved. Lazy utility
codes (perhaps breaking them up) would probably got us most of the way
there. Long term, I really like the "declaration caching" idea which
could be used for users .pxd files as well as internally.

>    b) there's a potential memory leak problem for memoryviews with
> object dtype that contain themselves, this still needs investigation.

I think this could be mentioned as a caviat rather than being a blocker.