[Cython] Jenkins jobs refactored

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Tue Sep 6 22:12:24 CEST 2011

Hi,

I replaced the half-a-ton of cython-devel jobs in Jenkins by three
multi-configuration matrix jobs:

https://sage.math.washington.edu:8091/hudson/job/cython-devel-build/

https://sage.math.washington.edu:8091/hudson/job/cython-devel-tests/

https://sage.math.washington.edu:8091/hudson/job/cython-devel-tests-pyregr/

The sdist job that does the git checkouts is unchanged:

https://sage.math.washington.edu:8091/hudson/job/cython-devel-sdist/

This setup only slightly reduces the flexibility of the overall
configuration, but it greatly reduces the maintenance overhead for the jobs
and makes it much easier to keep their configuration aligned.

The only downside is that it that all build jobs must terminate before the
tests are triggered. Given that the turn-over times are quite low, I don't
think that's a problem. Quite the contrary, if one of the PyX.Y builds
fails, none of the test jobs will run, which I think is a good thing.

I've disabled the old jobs and will eventually remove them when this setup
proves to be acceptable for everyone.