[Cython] development work-flow (was: Bugfix release)

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Sun Sep 11 16:58:24 CEST 2011

mark florisson, 11.09.2011 16:35:
> Wouldn't it be easier if everyone went through the pull-request
> process (which means you test stuff in your own branch first) for
> anything but trivial fixes? Then we only ever get "stable-ish"
> features in, and the pull requests will also be documented.

I agree. I think everyone should have a personal branch, a personal (and
equal) set of Jenkins test jobs for his branch, and then either go through
a pull request or merge changes directly into the master branch if they are
safe.

I usually work on the master branch directly, but it's certainly true that
some changes eventually turn out to be too large for a direct commit
(series) on the master branch. That's easier to handle with personal branches.