[Cython] Cython 0.15.1 release candidate

Yaroslav Halchenko lists at onerussian.com
Tue Sep 20 06:08:21 CEST 2011

is this regression or am I missing cython basics (which wouldn't be
surprising).

while testing 0.15.1 on Debian I have ran into fail-to-build-from-source
for dipy package in Debian, failure due to error while running tests:

    DM2 = pf.bundles_distances_mam(tracksA, tracksB, metric=metric)
  File "distances.pyx", line 504, in dipy.tracking.distances.bundles_distances_mam (dipy/tracking/distances.c:5710)
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'longest_track_lenA' referenced before assignment

which worked fine with previous cython and looking at the dipy's .pyx
code it seems to be ok (just an untyped cdef... no errors during 'compiling'):

def bundles_distances_mam(tracksA, tracksB, metric='avg'):
    # preprocess tracks
    cdef:
        size_t longest_track_len = 0, track_len
        longest_track_lenA, longest_track_lenB