[Cython] relative_path_in_code_position_comments

Brett Calcott brett.calcott at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 11:48:59 CEST 2011

Hi all,

The path in cython's error output is insensitive to the cwd where cython in
invoked. It seems to be based on this variable in Cython/Compiler/Main.py:

  relative_path_in_code_position_comments = True,

If I understand it right, the path output is relative to module it is in,
instead of relative to the cwd.

This plays havoc with my editor (Vim), as it attempts to try and load the
file that caused the error based on parsing the output. I've just changed
this variable to False in my install, and it works fine.

Is there a reason for this? Am I missing some easy way around this?

Thanks,
Brett