[Cython] [cython-users] Re: callback function pointer problem

mark florisson markflorisson88 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 23:42:13 CEST 2011

On 30 September 2011 22:14, Dag Sverre Seljebotn
<d.s.seljebotn at astro.uio.no> wrote:
> Are you saying that when coercing a struct to an object, one would copy
> scalar fields by value but reference array fields? -1, that would be
> confusing. Either the whole struct through a view, or copy it all.

Hmm, yeah it might be confusing. To me it makes sense though, as
scalars are immutable but arrays are not, although by that logic the
struct should be a view. So perhaps a list makes more sense. Making
arrays in structs lists means you likely want to do the same for the
normal case, i.e. arrays as variables. I'm not sure you'd want normal
arrays to object conversion to be implicit though, I'd rather see an
explicit cast for that.