[Cython] CEP1000: Native dispatch through callables

Dag Sverre Seljebotn d.s.seljebotn at astro.uio.no
Thu Apr 19 14:53:11 CEST 2012

On 04/19/2012 01:11 PM, Stefan Behnel wrote:
> Dag Sverre Seljebotn, 19.04.2012 13:05:
>> Pure speculation though
>
> I think we should leave speculation to the CPUs. They are quite good at it
> these days.

Yes, I agree, given these benchmarks, we should focus on

  a) Usability in C
  b) Simplicity
  c) Extensability/probability of backwards incompatability from future CEPs

But even for these criteria, I don't really have an opinion about table
vs. getfuncptr, or intern vs. strcmp. Where do others put their +1's?

Dag