[Cython] `cdef inline` and typed memory views

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Mon Apr 23 08:19:02 CEST 2012

mark florisson, 22.04.2012 22:21:
> On 22 April 2012 19:14, Dimitri Tcaciuc wrote:
>> On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 2:48 PM, Stefan Behnel wrote:
>>> Dimitri Tcaciuc, 21.04.2012 21:17:
>>>
>>> It was discussed, but the drawback of having two separate bug trackers is
>>> non-negligible.
>>
>> Ok. I was wondering since it would make it much easier to connect
>> issue/patch/discussion together without, say, me needlessly adding to
>> the development mailing list and/or manually registering for trac and
>> sending htpasswd digest over the mail. Here's something to consider if
>> you ever want to migrate over from trac:
>> https://github.com/adamcik/github-trac-ticket-import
>
> I haven't heard very good things about github issues

I find them nicely accessible from user side, but hardly usable for the
developers. All you get is basically a blog style comment system with bare
tag support. Sure, you can build many of the necessary features on top of
tags, but trac (or any other real issue tracker) already provides a lot more.

Pull request tracking works well in github, but I consider their general
issue tracker a last resort if you don't have anything else.