[Cython] remaining open issues for 0.17

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Mon Aug 6 23:58:03 CEST 2012

Hi,

please correct me if I'm missing something, but besides the fused types
default value thing, I currently see two open issues for 0.17. One is the
32bit problem we have in the buffer code, the other one is the "vile hack"
that Robert added as a type inference fix. I just ran into the following
code (while compiling Django) which currently crashes the compiler, and I
think it's due to one of those "type inference modifies state" issues.

"""
def func(**kwargs):
    """
    >>> sorted(func(a=3, b=4))
    [1, 2, 3, 4]
    """
    return [ arg for arg in [1,2] + kwargs.values() ]
"""

How should we deal with these? Personally, I consider general C code
portability issues more annoying than code that fails to compile but that
can be worked around by users. So, unless we can fix the default values
and/or the type inference issues soonishly, I would concentrate on the
32bit issues for now and release 0.17 when we get them resolved.

Thoughts?