[Cython] Cython Debian builds - failing cygdb tests

Yaroslav Halchenko lists at onerussian.com
Sat Aug 11 03:37:18 CEST 2012

> > IIRC, it parses the gdb version to match against gdb >= 7.2. Something
> > is clearly going wrong, it needs investigation...

FWIW -- I have built 7.2-1 Debian package (obtained from
snapshot.debian.org) under Debian stable squeeze.  So I have:

,---
| $> gdb -v
| GNU gdb (GDB) 7.2-debian
| Copyright (C) 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
| License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
| This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
| There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
| and "show warranty" for details.
| This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".
| For bug reporting instructions, please see:
| <http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>.
`---

tests still fail, see
http://www.onerussian.com/tmp/0.16rc1-595-g36d8cab-amd64-squeeze-gdb7.2-Debugger-tests-output.txt

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Postdoctoral Fellow,   Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences