[Cython] [cython-users] Anyone for a doc cleanup before the release?

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 05:40:30 CEST 2012

Question: would you guys be open to including here:

http://docs.cython.org/src/quickstart/build.html

a note about IPython similar to the Sage one? Something like:

"""
Similarly, in IPython (as of version 0.13) there is also Cython
support that can be used by loading the `cythonmagic` extension.  This
provides several Cython-related magic functions, the main one being
`%%cython` that can be used to prefix blocks of Cython for automatic
compilation and importing. This extension can be used at the command
line, in the Qt console and in the notebook.
"""

If you also want an accompanying screenshot, I've made one using the
same code and call form as the Sage one for symmetry:
http://i.imgur.com/RpUY9.png.

If you prefer this in the form of a PR, let me know (and whether you
want it with or without figure).

Thanks!