[Cython] two remaining test failures before the release

Robert Bradshaw robertwb at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 12:54:27 CEST 2012

I fixed one of them by making char signed. The root issue seems to be
that when trying to convert an object to numpy, it looks at the buffer
format, and rejects plain char. The fallback code (using struct et al)
is unable to cope with the nested/repeated formats. The other could be
fixed similarly, if that's the direction we want to go.

- Robert