[Cython] cython-devel-tests-pyregr regression

Vitja Makarov vitja.makarov at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 22:34:29 CEST 2012

2012/8/23 Stefan Behnel <stefan_ml at behnel.de>:
> Vitja Makarov, 22.08.2012 22:11:
>> I've found regression:
>>
>> https://sage.math.washington.edu:8091/hudson/job/cython-devel-tests-pyregr/
>
> Interesting. It's a Py2 list comprehension in a class body that's failing here:
>
> """
>  class TestHelpSubparsersOrdering(HelpTestCase):
>      subparsers_signatures = [Sig(name=name)
>                               for name in ('a', 'b', 'c', 'd', 'e')]
>  """
>
> I wonder why "name" isn't declared as a variable yet at the point where it
> is being looked up in the function call.
>
> Stefan

    def lookup_relative(self, name, pos):
        if name == "name":
            print name
            from ipdb import set_trace; set_trace()
        entry = self.lookup_here(name)
        if entry is not None and entry.pos[1:] <= pos[1:]: # Lookup fails here
            return entry
        if self.outer_scope:
            return self.outer_scope.lookup_relative(name, pos)
        return None

What is that comparison for?

--
vitja.