[Cython] p3k pyregr tests problem

Vitja Makarov vitja.makarov at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 22:56:20 CET 2012


2012/2/23 Vitja Makarov <vitja.makarov at gmail.com>:
> 2012/2/20 Vitja Makarov <vitja.makarov at gmail.com>:
>> 2012/2/20 Vitja Makarov <vitja.makarov at gmail.com>:
>>> 2012/2/20 Vitja Makarov <vitja.makarov at gmail.com>:
>>>> 2012/2/19 Stefan Behnel <stefan_ml at behnel.de>:
>>>>> Vitja Makarov, 19.02.2012 12:14:
>>>>>> I've noticed problems with py3k pyregr tests now it shows ~8K tests
>>>>>> instead of 13K
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Is that related to changes in cython or python?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> https://sage.math.washington.edu:8091/hudson/job/cython-devel-tests-pyregr/BACKEND=c,PYVERSION=py3k/
>>>>>
>>>>> At least I don't see any changes on our side that could trigger this:
>>>>>
>>>>> https://sage.math.washington.edu:8091/hudson/job/cython-devel-sdist/changes?from=790&to=792
>>>>>
>>>>> And there doesn't seem to be anything obvious in the change list of CPython
>>>>> either:
>>>>>
>>>>> https://sage.math.washington.edu:8091/hudson/job/py3k-hg/changes?from=640&to=642
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> May that be related to recent jenkins update?
>>>>
>>>
>>> Very strange.
>>>
>>> Take a look at test_fnmatch testcase:
>>>
>>> https://sage.math.washington.edu:8091/hudson/job/cython-devel-tests-pyregr/BACKEND=c,PYVERSION=py3k/124/testReport/test_fnmatch/
>>>
>>> Jenkins shows only 2 tests.
>>>
>>>
>>> Analysing jenkins raw log
>>>
>>> https://sage.math.washington.edu:8091/hudson/job/cython-devel-tests-pyregr/124/BACKEND=c,PYVERSION=py3k/consoleText
>>>
>>> compiling (c) and running test_fnmatch ...   test_bytes
>>> (test_fnmatch.FnmatchTestCase) ... (0.002s) OK
>>>  test_fnmatch (test_fnmatch.FnmatchTestCase) ... (0.005s) OK
>>>  test_fnmatchcase (test_fnmatch.FnmatchTestCase) ... (0.001s) OK
>>>  test_mix_bytes_str (test_fnmatch.FnmatchTestCase) ... (0.001s) OK
>>>  test_translate (test_fnmatch.TranslateTestCase) ... (0.001s) OK
>>>  test_filter (test_fnmatch.FilterTestCase) ... (0.000s) OK
>>>  runTest (__main__.CythonPyregrTestCase)
>>>
>>>
>>> I see 4 more tests. And it seems that Jenkins missed all
>>> test_fnmatch.FnmatchTestCase testcases.
>>>
>>>
>>
>> Hmm, that's strange it seems to be a problem with XML test writer:
>>
>> https://sage.math.washington.edu:8091/hudson/job/cython-devel-tests-pyregr/BACKEND=c,PYVERSION=py3k/ws/test-results/
>>
>> There are only 2 files output, TEST-test_fnmatch.FnmatchTestCase.xml is missing.
>>
>>
>
> Yeah! I've found it, that was hard.
>
> 1. Py3k buffers are not flushed before _exit()
> 2. Patch/restore output doesn't work as expected
> 3. ]]> cannot be represented as single CDATA.
>

Now I'm gonna test my fixes and then push it to upstream.

https://github.com/vitek/cython/commits/_pyregr_failure


-- 
vitja.


More information about the cython-devel mailing list