[Cython] Bug in Cython producing incorrect C code

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Wed Jan 25 09:04:02 CET 2012

mark florisson, 24.01.2012 21:28:
> I must say though, the following would look a bit weird:

> as you always expect a kind of "cascade", e.g. you expect c[:, :] to
> be assignable to b[:], or 'a', but none of that may be true at all.

That's normal for a typed language that has type auto-coercion. I consider
this a major feature. It certainly makes the internals tricky, but when
working on the assignment code, I always tried to keep the coercions and
the eventual assignment code independent, even in the face of efficient
tuple unpacking, because I considered it the expected behaviour.