[Cython] help getting NumPy into a 32-bit Jenkins build environment

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Sat Jul 28 11:37:35 CEST 2012

Hi,

I've been trying to set up a 32bit build environment on Jenkins. Most of it
works nicely by just switching to "gcc -m32", but NumPy fails to build with
that setup due to the lack of dependencies. It actually finds them when
looking for their header files in the wrong (64bit) places, and then fails
to build when it can't find the expected 32bit libraries.

Is there a way to tell NumPy that I really don't care about BLAS, LAPACK
and all of its friends and just want bare arrays? Or is there an easy way
to install 32 bit versions of those dependencies on sage.math? I'd be fine
with having them built and installed into a local directory (namely, in
standard directory layout under /home/scoder/jenkins/Tools/libs32/).

Given that all current 32bit problems are in NumPy related tests, it
wouldn't be all that helpful to exclude NumPy from the test runs...