[Cython] Jenkins down

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Wed Mar 21 16:58:20 CET 2012

mark florisson, 21.03.2012 15:12:
> On 21 March 2012 15:07, mark florisson wrote:
>> On 21 March 2012 14:58, Stefan Behnel wrote:
>>> it seems like the sage.math server is broken again, at least it's lacking
>>> mounts when I try to log in. I'll restart Jenkins as soon as it's back working.
>>
>> Indeed, it's rather worrying and is actually a bit of a slowdown for
>> development.

Sure. However, we get to use it for free, and we've had a good gain from
that for a long time now. It's just bad timing that this coincides with our
release preparations.

>> Dag and I discussed getting some funding from numfocus to
>> use Jenkins in a cloud environment (along possibly with other
>> projects, like sage, lxml, numpy, scipy, depending on interest of
>> respective projects). At PyCon we saw one such company that provides
>> these services, which is shiningpanda.com

Their free OSS plan is one hour per day, which is way too short for us. Not
sure how much we'd want to pay for their dedicated plan, and no idea what
performance we'd get for the money.

For our current setup, you can count way more than one hour of processing
time for each single push and for each day's run of the CPython triggered
integration tests. And then there's our set of separate developer branches
on top of that, plus the fact that we can run builds in parallel to get
faster feedback.

Seriously - thanks William!

> Anyway, there is also
> TeamCity from Jetbrains http://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity/, which is
> supposed to be free for small teams , and it can be used together with
> Amazon's cloud services:
> http://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity/features/amazon_ec2.html .

I'm quite happy with Jenkins, though.