[Cython] sage.math problems?

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Thu Mar 22 17:03:54 CET 2012

William Stein, 22.03.2012 14:11:
> On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 9:04 AM, David Kirkby wrote:
>> On 22 March 2012 12:33, William Stein wrote:
>>> The usb device (for /levi) never appeared after I remotely rebooted sage.math.
>>> Physical access is thus probably required.  I've emailed some people who are in
>>> Seattle, and we'll see.  (I'm thousands of miles away now, and will
>>> only get further away
>>> -- to Europe -- until Apr 2, when I'll be back in Seattle.)
>>
>> I believe any decent IT professional will tell you that you should not
>> be using USB drives on servers.
>
> Well I'm definitely currently not using USB drives on this server. :-(
>
> If possible, can the stuff that was being done on /levi (jenkins for
> Cython) be moved to /scratch, which is a reasonably fast NFS
> filesystem.

The whole Jenkins installation was on /levi (maybe not our best idea
ever...). I have backups of the complete configuration, but we'd still
loose the installed plugins and the build history. We'd literally start
from scratch and it would take some time to set it all up again. If it
turns out to be a matter of replugging the USB drive (or something
similarly simple), I would prefer copying the original installation over
(including the build history), rather than rebuilding it.

Also, the sage build directory was on levi and I don't know how that was
set up - Robert would know.