[Cython] some pull requests for 0.16?

Dag Sverre Seljebotn d.s.seljebotn at astro.uio.no
Thu Mar 22 19:25:47 CET 2012

On 03/22/2012 05:40 AM, mark florisson wrote:
> On 22 March 2012 07:18, Stefan Behnel<stefan_ml at behnel.de>  wrote:
>> Robert Bradshaw, 21.03.2012 21:24:

>>> Thanks for the status update. Is there a separate release branch, or
>>> are you working off the github master?
>>
>> Not currently. I also agree that we should try to get out the release soon.
>> What about this: I merge my pending pull requests, we test everything in
>> Sage (it's been normally tested in my dev branch already), and if that
>> doesn't break anything, we release another beta? If it does break anything,
>> it's either easy enough to fix, or we can create a release branch at that
>> point with the status before the merges.
>>
>> sage.math seems to be back up, although the /levi drive isn't. If there are
>> no objections, I'll make sure Jenkins gets back up and then do the above.
>>

>>> Is there a list of issues/blockers somewhere?
>>
>> Don't know.
>>

> Mostly the pull requests and this reversed bug
> (http://trac.cython.org/cython_trac/ticket/763), which I marked as a
> blocker. As much as I would like to push stuff out early, I really
> find it more important to push something that is as stable and useful
> as possible, even if it delays a release by a couple of weeks.

IMO, the ideal would be to release 0.16 now and 0.16.1 in a couple of
weeks, but I respect that this depends on how much more additional work
the release manager feels that involves.

I agree that we should wait for the patch that was started on for that
bug, bringing in new developers is the most important thing we can do
and satisfying users who don't live on trunk is less important than that.

Dag