[Cython] 0.16 release

mark florisson markflorisson88 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 13:20:00 CEST 2012

On 27 March 2012 11:57, Vitja Makarov <vitja.makarov at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2012/2/27 Sébastien Sablé Sablé <sable at users.sourceforge.net>:
>> Great, thanks!

>>> Ok I merged it and added a test. I also fixed a lot of tests to run
>>> under MSVC on windows. I'm thinking to merge
>>> https://github.com/cython/cython/pull/77, see if everything still
>>> passes on Jenkins, and then pushing out a beta release for 0.16. I
>>> created some release notes, please feel free to add to the page
>>> (especially to the feature and improvements lists), they might be
>>> incomplete: http://wiki.cython.org/ReleaseNotes-0.16
>>>
>>> Are there any other last-minute bug fixes pending?
>

> Recently I've found this bug on the tracker:
>
> http://trac.cython.org/cython_trac/ticket/766
>
> I think I can fix it before release or wait unitl 0.16.1 since itsn't
> a regression.

Sure, that's fine, I think there will be some time before the next
beta. I tested the release in my own branch and jenkins was blue, but
the release build seems to disagree. The py32 C++ build shows some
refcount error:

numpy_memoryview.cpp:16922: warning: ‘void
__pyx_pw_5numpy_7ndarray_3__releasebuffer__(PyObject*, Py_buffer*)’
defined but not used
python: Modules/gcmodule.c:327: visit_decref: Assertion
`gc->gc.gc_refs != 0' failed.

and some of the other python 3 tests are also failing.