[Cython] 0.17

mark florisson markflorisson88 at gmail.com
Sun May 6 16:28:43 CEST 2012

Hey,

I think we already have quite a bit of functionality (nearly) ready,
after merging some pending pull requests maybe it will be a good time
for a 0.17 release? I think it would be good to also document to what
extent pypy support works, what works and what doesn't. Stefan, since
you added a large majority of the features, would you want to be the
release manager?

In summary, the following pull requests should likely go in
    - array.array support (unless further discussion prevents that)
    - fused types runtime buffer dispatch
    - newaxis
    - more?

The memoryview documentation should also be reworked a bit. Matthew,
are you still willing to have a go at that? Otherwise I can clean up
the mess first, some things are no longer true and simply outdated,
and then have a second opinion.

Mark