[Cython] Cython 0.17.2 released
stefan_ml at behnel.de
Tue Nov 20 21:51:31 CET 2012
I'm happy to announce the release of Cython 0.17.2. This is a (mostly) bug
fix release for the stable 0.17 release series.
* ``cythonize()`` gained a best effort compile mode that can be used to
simply ignore .py files that fail to compile.
* Replacing an object reference with the value of one of its cdef
attributes could generate incorrect C code that accessed the object after
deleting its last reference.
* C-to-Python type coercions during cascaded comparisons could generate
invalid C code, specifically when using the 'in' operator.
* "obj[1,]" passed a single integer into the item getter instead of a tuple.
* Cyclic imports at module init time did not work in Py3.
* The names of C++ destructors for template classes were built incorrectly.
* In pure mode, type casts in Cython syntax and the C ampersand operator
are now rejected. Use the pure mode replacements instead.
* In pure mode, C type names and the sizeof() function are no longer
recognised as such and can be used as normal Python names.
* The extended C level support for the CPython array type was declared too
late to be used by user defined classes.
* C++ class nesting was broken.
* Better checking for required nullary constructors for stack-allocated C++
* Remove module docstring in no-docstring mode.
* Fix specialization for varargs function signatures.
* Fix several compiler crashes.
More information about the cython-devel