[Cython] Cython 0.17 final released

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 02:41:01 CEST 2012

First, congratulations and thanks for keeping such an important
project moving forward!!

On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 12:17 AM, Robert Bradshaw <robertwb at gmail.com> wrote:

> What about making a 0.17 branch, on which we can do 0.17.1, etc. if
> necessary. I don't think we're to the point of needing to backport our
> bugfixes to previous releases, but that will make things clearer. When
> the 0.18 series is ready, we can make a new branch and work on the
> release from there (possibly merging in master frequently, but not as
> a requirement). Alternatively name it bugfix and let it be regularly
> merged into main, but we can cut minor releases from it. (Release is a
> bit ambiguous as to its relationship to the other branches).

In case it's of any use to you guys, feel free to grab our tools for
that; we follow precisely that pattern and we're just about to cut a
backports-only 0.13.1 release soon:

https://github.com/ipython/ipython/blob/master/tools/backport_pr.py

Min wrote this tool and from what he tells me, it has really minimized
the overhead of keeping a clean backports-only branch available for
release.

Cheers,