[Cython] Bug: Returning real value crashes the code, complex value does not

Nikita Nemkin nikita at nemkin.ru
Tue Apr 2 10:07:32 CEST 2013

Hi,

For your information, I was not able to reproduce the crash
in the following environment:

* Python 2.7.3 (x86, download from python.org)
* gcc (GCC) 4.7.2 (download from mingw.org)
* Windows 7 x64

The immediate fix for your problem seems to be upgrading gcc.

Note: using gcc 4.7 on Windows requires a patch to distutils,
see http://stackoverflow.com/a/6035864/204882 for details.
(You can probably monkey-patch it for production use.)

Best regards,
Nikita Nemkin