[Cython] analyse_types() refactoring

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Thu Feb 7 18:53:58 CET 2013

mark florisson, 07.02.2013 18:46:
> On 7 February 2013 11:32, Stefan Behnel wrote:
>> I finally found the time to refactor the analysis phase.
>>
>> https://github.com/cython/cython/commit/f9c385e08401ed96b5b0afb8411480037dc772b9
>>
>> The methods now return a node, which allows them to replace themselves with
>> a different implementation.
>
> Do you eventually want to move these methods to a visitor, or
> do you want to keep them as methods?

I think it makes more sense to keep them as methods. It's not so uncommon
that the order matters in which children are being analysed, and the result
of one child might even impact how another child is being analysed. There's
really a lot of logic in the analysis methods that makes it difficult to
extract a more general visitor pattern.