[Cython] 0.18 beta 1 released

Christoph Gohlke cgohlke at uci.edu
Sun Jan 20 16:23:03 CET 2013

On 1/20/2013 4:59 AM, Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis wrote:
> There are 6 test failures.
> Failures in builtin_abs.__test__.int_abs might be related to new versions of GCC or glibc. I use GCC 4.7.2 and glibc 2.16.0.
> Failures in NumPy-related tests are probably related to new version of NumPy. I use NumPy 1.7.0rc1.
> Failures are identical with CPython 2.6, 2.7, 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3.

<snip>

The test failures with numpy 1.7.x were reported at
<https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/2870>. They are due to the
difference in printing numpy arrays containing str objects:

# numpy 1.6.2:
>>> print(np.array(["a"], object))
[a]

# numpy 1.7.0rc1:
>>> print(np.array(["a"], object))
['a']

According to numpy developers "reprs are not required to be the same
across numpy versions".

Christoph