[Cython] error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol PyInit_init

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 13:30:10 CEST 2014

On 20 August 2014 20:25, Sturla Molden <sturla.molden at gmail.com> wrote:
> To build a Python extension for Win64 you must define the symbol MS_WIN64,
> typically -DMS_WIN64.

Sturla, isn't this supposed to be handled in pyconfig.h (at least when
using MSVC) ? I see these lines in PC/pyconfig.h (from Python
sources):

/* MSVC defines _WINxx to differentiate the windows platform types

   Note that for compatibility reasons _WIN32 is defined on Win32
   *and* on Win64. For the same reasons, in Python, MS_WIN32 is
   defined on Win32 *and* Win64. Win32 only code must therefore be
   guarded as follows:
    #if defined(MS_WIN32) && !defined(MS_WIN64)
   Some modules are disabled on Itanium processors, therefore we
   have MS_WINI64 set for those targets, otherwise MS_WINX64
*/
#ifdef _WIN64
#define MS_WIN64
#endif