[Cython] error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol PyInit_init

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Thu Aug 28 19:13:02 CEST 2014

Lisandro Dalcin schrieb am 24.08.2014 um 10:57:
> On 14 August 2014 08:20, Andriy Kornatskyy wrote:
>> When installing either from pip3 or downloading the source with python3 setup.py install
>
> Could you please show us the full output of "python3 setup.py build" ?

It's here:

http://pastebin.com/vZb2gAvL

The other modules build fine, only the package script fails to link. The
problem is the "/EXPORT:PyInit___init__" flag, whereas the real name of the
module init function is (or should be) "PyInit_template", which is the name
of the package.

Does anyone have a good idea how to fix this? Looks like a distutils issue.
I don't think package compilation was originally envisioned as something
extension module authors would want to do.

Does the "cythonize_script_package" test work on MSWindows? It does the
same thing.