[Cython] Cython 0.20 beta 2

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Sun Jan 12 09:20:11 CET 2014

Robert Bradshaw, 12.01.2014 08:53:
> There was a lot of bugfixes and other good stuff on master, so I
> pulled it in and am releasing another beta. You can find it at
> http://cython.org/release/Cython-0.20b2.tar.gz . I don't anticipate
> merging master again before the release, so this is nearly a release
> candidate, but please let us know if you run into any regressions.

The only thing that is still a bit unclear to me is whether calling
object.__new__() from extension types was a good idea:

https://github.com/cython/cython/commit/ddaffbe78c06e580ca0d9cd334c7a28a4de5c40b

It means that we are now running a couple of safety checks inside of
CPython on object instantiation that validate the arguments being passed
into __init__() and __new__(), because object() doesn't expect any.

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.cython.user/10267/focus=10519

If we want to play safe for the release, we could restrict this change only
to abstract classes for now (for which we know that CPython will generate
an error). That was the original intention of the change anyway.