[Cython] Cython 0.20 beta 2

Christoph Gohlke cgohlke at uci.edu
Fri Jan 17 03:21:34 CET 2014

On 1/13/2014 2:24 AM, Stefan Behnel wrote:
> Hi Christoph,
>
> thanks for testing!
>
> Christoph Gohlke, 13.01.2014 09:46:
>> I have trouble running the tests (`runtests.py`) on Windows:
>> [...]
>> There are hundreds of test errors, most of kind `IOError: [Errno 24] Too
>> many open files`.
>
> The tests start consistently failing at some point, which hints at a file
> handle leak, either in the test runner or in the compiler.
>

>> The test output for 64 bit Python 2.7 with numpy 1.7.2 and msvc9 is at
>> <http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/tests/cython/Cython-0.20.x-win-amd64-py2.7_test.txt>.
>
> Yes, lots of problems and warnings. Might take a bit to look through all of
> them.
>
> Regarding this one:
>
> """
> compiling (cpp) and running final_method_T586 ... final_method_T586.c
> final_method_T586.c(8) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
> 'pyconfig.h': No such file or directory
> ERROR
> """
>
> Is there no "pyconfig.h" amongst the CPython header files on Windows?
>
> Stefan

According to Process Explorer
<http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx>,
`\Device\ConDrv` (the Windows Console Driver) file handles are leaked
during `Doctest`. When the number of open file handles reaches about
2000, all kind of things start to fail, including the compiler not being
able to open/find files such as 'pyconfig.h'. No file handles are leaked
when testing Cython 0.19.2.

Christoph