[Cython] Cython 0.21 released

Yaroslav Halchenko lists at onerussian.com
Sat Oct 11 16:18:41 CEST 2014

On Wed, 10 Sep 2014, Stefan Behnel wrote:

> Hi all,

> on behalf of the Cython dev team, I'm pleased to announce the release of
> Cython 0.21, a major feature release. Thanks everyone who contributed code,
> documentation improvements, test feedback, bug reports and/or otherwise
> helpful insights for this release.

a little change detected while down-stream testing builds in Debian
(previous version was 0.20.2 and it built fine)

             vertex_format.last_shader = self
             for i in xrange(vertex_format.vattr_count):
                 attr = &vertex_format.vattr[i]
                 if attr.per_vertex == 0:
                     continue
                 attr.index = glGetAttribLocation(self.program, <char *><bytes>attr.name)
                                                               ^

 kivy/graphics/shader.pyx:448:63: Casting temporary Python object to non-numeric non-Python type

I wondered if that is an intentional restriction now to restrict such casting
only to numeric (and exclude the simplest form -- bytes/chars) or a
regression?

Cheers!
--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko, Ph.D.