[Cython] s3ql and llfuse FTBFS Re: Cython 0.21 released

Yaroslav Halchenko lists at onerussian.com
Sun Oct 12 05:04:22 CEST 2014

On Wed, 10 Sep 2014, Stefan Behnel wrote:
> on behalf of the Cython dev team, I'm pleased to announce the release of
> Cython 0.21, a major feature release. Thanks everyone who contributed code,
> documentation improvements, test feedback, bug reports and/or otherwise
> helpful insights for this release.

in two packages (s3ql, python-llfuse) so far I have ran into

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 304, in <module>
    main()
  File "setup.py", line 182, in main
    command_options={ 'sdist': { 'formats': ('setup.py', 'bztar') } },
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/distutils/core.py", line 148, in setup
    dist.run_commands()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/distutils/dist.py", line 955, in run_commands
    self.run_command(cmd)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/distutils/dist.py", line 974, in run_command
    cmd_obj.run()
  File "setup.py", line 228, in run
    **options)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/Cython/Compiler/Main.py", line 620, in compile
    options = CompilationOptions(defaults = options, **kwds)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/Cython/Compiler/Main.py", line 501, in __init__
    ', '.join(unknown_options)))
ValueError: got unexpected compilation options: warning_errors, recursive

looking at s3ql  those are provided to cython_compile call and packages built
successfully before.

I see that recursive option was removed in 0.20b1~505  so not sure how it built
before with 0.20.2 (probably providing "bogus" options just didn't trigger this
ValueError).  Would you advise on the ideal course of patching? (CCing
maintainers of those packages)

P.S. besides those few of manageable failures I have reported, haven't found
any other new hiccups (there also was a failing unittest in bzr but not even
yet sure if cython related or just a fluke),   so will shortly upload 0.21 to
Debian sid and backports to -devel repository of NeuroDebian.

Cheers!
--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko, Ph.D.
http://neuro.debian.net http://www.pymvpa.org http://www.fail2ban.org