[Cython] Release candidate for Cython 0.21.1

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Wed Oct 15 07:58:37 CEST 2014

Hi everyone,

I uploaded a candidate for a 0.21.1 bug fix release.

http://cython.org/release/Cython-0.21.1pre.tar.gz

It adds a few minor new features and some bug fixes and corrections. Please
give it a quick try, especially if you reported problems that this release
should fix. I had to manually select changes from the master branch, so I
hope I didn't forget anything.

Stefan

Features added
--------------

* New ``cythonize`` option ``-a`` to generate the annotated HTML source
  view.

* Missing C-API declarations in ``cpython.unicode`` were added.

* Passing ``language='c++'`` into cythonize() globally enables C++ mode for
  all modules that were not passed as Extension objects (i.e. only source
  files and file patterns).

* ``Py_hash_t`` is a known type (used in CPython for hash values).

* ``PySlice_*()`` C-API functions are available from the ``cpython.slice``
  module.

* Allow arrays of C++ classes.

Bugs fixed
----------

* Reference leak for non-simple Python expressions in boolean and/or
  expressions.

* To fix a name collision and to reflect availability on host platforms,
  standard C declarations [ clock(), time(), struct tm and tm* functions ]
  were moved from posix/time.pxd to a new libc/time.pxd.  Patch by Charles
  Blake.

* Rerunning unmodified modules in IPython's cython support failed.
  Patch by Matthias Bussonier.

* Casting C++ ``std::string`` to Python byte strings failed when
  auto-decoding was enabled.

* Fatal exceptions in global module init code could lead to crashes
  if the already created module was used later on (e.g. through a
  stale reference in sys.modules or elsewhere).

Other changes