[Cython] preparing a release candidate, pending issues

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Fri Sep 5 21:39:08 CEST 2014

Hi,

current master looks good enough to plan for a release candidate next week.
There are only a couple of pending issues that I'm aware of that may or may
not get looked into for the release.

One thing is cygdb and its tests - are they working again? They seem to
work for me, but I don't know what the last status was there. Given how
long they must have been broken, it doesn't look all too critical, though.

This one should be resolved now:

"build failure on windows with 0.21b2 windows py27 x64"
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.cython.devel/15424

This isn't, but the solution isn't currently obvious (and I think it can
wait until the first bugfix release if we can't find a fix in time):

"Buffer dtype mismatch error"
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.cython.user/11603

These are open, but don't feel like they should block the release:

"error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol PyInit_init"
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.cython.devel/15392/focus=15415

"Memory leak with vector of memoryviews"
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.cython.user/11704/focus=11705

"how to have hashable extension types in pure python mode ? (__eq__ error)"
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.cython.user/11731/focus=11732

This isn't finished but is a new feature which can wait:

"Automatic conversion with fixed-size C arrays"
https://github.com/cython/cython/pull/308

This hasn't lead anywhere, apparently, but can wait as well:

"OpenMP thread private variable not recognized (bug report + discussion)"
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.cython.devel/15382

So, nothing critical, but I might have forgotten something. If nothing else
comes up, I'll just wait a couple of more days and then start preparing RC
and final release.