[Cython] preparing a release candidate, pending issues

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Sun Sep 7 09:14:20 CEST 2014

Robert Bradshaw schrieb am 06.09.2014 um 20:02:
> On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 12:39 PM, Stefan Behnel wrote:
>> "Buffer dtype mismatch error"
>> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.cython.user/11603
>
> The only solution I can think of, short of fixing NumPy, is adding a
> directive to not do the check.

Sounds good enough to me. Essentially, it gives users a way to work around
incorrect buffer implementations at their own risk (although there may not
be all that many complex buffer providers out there that would expose such
a problem...).

We should document the obvious drawbacks, though, i.e. no validation, all
crashes you get are entirely your own.