[Cython] Feature request: Expose methods to fake stack traces

Michael Enßlin michael at ensslin.cc
Mon Jun 8 16:50:53 CEST 2015

Hi everybody,

my C++ exceptions contain some stack trace information (starting with
__FILE__ and __LINE__), and I'd like to preserve that information in my
custom 'except+' translator.

Cython seems to have some internal methods to fake Python stack trace
objects, but research (and an unanswered question on the Users list
[https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/cython-users/9coFCVwigpE])
seems to imply that this functionality is not currently exposed.

I'd like to see that internal functionality exposed for usage from .pyx
files.

 ~ mic_e