[Cython] Store list of imported modules in .so file

Hartmut Goebel h.goebel at crazy-compilers.com
Tue Nov 24 15:50:27 EST 2015

Hi,

I'm a core-developer for PyInstaller. We would like to enhance cython
support in PyInstaller and resolve dependencies of cython-compiled
modules automatically. This would ease freezing cython modules with
PyInstaller a lot and thus help users including cythonized-modules into
their shipped application.

For us, the most elegant way to get the dependencies would be to have
the list of imported modules in the .so-file. E.g. some simple string
marked by some cookie which is easily grepped out of the binary.

Is there any chance to get suche a list into the .so/.dll-file?

If you like, you can comment directly on our related ticket:
https://github.com/pyinstaller/pyinstaller/issues/1674

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel