[Cython] Store list of imported modules in .so file

Hartmut Goebel h.goebel at crazy-compilers.com
Sat Nov 28 05:35:06 EST 2015

Am 27.11.2015 um 18:13 schrieb Kevin Norris:
> Anyway, I think it might help to clarify what *exactly* you mean by
> "dependency."  If you mean "any module that might possibly get
> imported by module X," you're going to have a hard time with this.

We know about the problems you wrote -- this is PyInstallers job and we
know where he limits are.

So we would be happy to get a list od fully qualified module names for
each "import" cython finds (and as I assume generated code for).

PyInstaller too can only analyse the import-statements, which is enough
for 90% of the cases. (We do a bit more, e.g. finding libraries used via
ctypes.)

Setuptools is not an option, since this are meant to list al*
requirements of some package, while PyInstaller only includes the *used*
modules - which might be quite a difference :-)

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | h.goebel at crazy-compilers.com               |