[Cython] keyword argument to prange() for num_threads gives undefined error

Thouis (Ray) Jones thouis at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 22:22:15 EDT 2015

I couldn't find this in the Cython Trac, but forgive me if it's been
addressed already.

One of my students ran into the bug referenced in this cython-users post:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/cython-users/xYZLKPAwmTE

It appears that keyword arguments to functions can't be used as the value
for prange(num_threads=...).  It's unclear why, but it causes my compiler
to crash with "undefined variable __pyx_v_num_threads".

I don't have a trac account, but could set one up to file this, if
necessary.

Ray Jones