[Cython] Publish Windows wheels to PyPI

Robert Bradshaw robertwb at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 23:15:00 CEST 2015

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 12:22 AM, Dirk Rothe <thecere at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Sep 2015 21:30:21 +0200, Mirth Hickford
> <mirth.hickford at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Cython. Please consider publishing wheels for Windows to PyPI [1].
>> Wheels [2] are a package format that installs more reliably than source
>> distributions, especially on Windows.

I don't own a Windows machine (and nor do many other Cython devs) so
I'm not sure how to do this (let alone navigate the issue of choosing
the right compiler, etc.) But this'd be a great area for a Window
Cython user to contribute.

https://github.com/cython/cython/pull/389 was recently merged.

>> Meanwhile a workaround is to download wheels from Christoph Gohlke's site
>> [3] a godsend.
>
> Yeah, he's awesome. Excellent work for at least 10 years now. Thanks!

+1, thanks Christoph!