[Cython] NumPy C API Status?

Robert Bradshaw robertwb at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 12:50:01 EST 2016

On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 3:22 PM, Marvin Ritter <marvin.ritter at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have to use the NumPy C API for my current project and it seems that
> Cython 0.23.4 it only shipping definitions for on all version of the API.
> But I need some of the newer methods.
>
> What are your plans on updating? Is there anything that prevents you?
> And if not, how complicated is it? Could a novice like me do it?

Back when this was being actively worked on, the "new" API was so new
that we didn't want to make it a dependency, but those days are long
past.

It would be trivial to add new methods (etc.) to the pxd file at
https://github.com/cython/cython/blob/master/Cython/Includes/numpy/__init__.pxd
. Updating the buffer support (e.g. used when writing np.ndarray[int])
to use the new API would be welcome too, but more involved.