[Cython] Cython infrastructure

Dima Pasechnik dimpase+github at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 06:19:45 EDT 2016

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 10:55 AM, Baptiste Carvello
<devel at baptiste-carvello.net> wrote:
> Le 20/07/2016 08:01, Robert Bradshaw a écrit :
>
>> trac.cython.org
>> This is probably the most controversial, but I think it makes sense to
>> migrate to github issues. While clearly not as powerful, featureful,
>> or customizable as trac, it seems it would fulfill our modest needs. I
>> am happy to do the migration if no one objects.
>
> I suppose the dev guide will be updated with advice on how users without
> a Github ID should report and interact with issues. It may lead to more
> issues-related discussion on this mailing list.
>
> Cheers,
> Baptiste
>
> For avoidance of doubt: "subscribe to Github" is not an acceptable
> answer, given that this means consenting to be tracked, not only inside
> the Cython project, but also across projects.

Github is not spyware, IMHO. It would be good to understand which of these:

https://help.github.com/articles/github-privacy-policy/

you have a problem with.

Yes, you will need to allow cookies in your browser.
Anything else seems to be irrelevant.

Best,
Dima