[Cython] Migration of tickets from trac to github

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Fri Jul 29 00:13:09 EDT 2016

Robert Bradshaw schrieb am 29.07.2016 um 00:33:
> Please see https://github.com/robertwb/issues-import-test/issues/ as
> to what this would look like. (This is a partial import, due to github
> API rate limiting issues.) Unless something looks terribly wrong, I'll
> start the real migration shortly.

Nice, also the formatting and tagging. And the milestone history also seems
to have passed through nicely.

My comments:

Tags like "C: Code Generation" look like they are referring specifically to
C-Code, but I guess you meant "C-omponent". Maybe change the abbreviation
to M-odule or T-opic ?

Do we really need the empty "modified by" comments, e.g. here:
https://github.com/robertwb/issues-import-test/issues/110

This looks a bit overly empty:
https://github.com/robertwb/issues-import-test/issues/55

When I click on one of the "migrated from" links to "trac.cython.org", I
get redirected back to github, but with the trac ticket number, which means
I get either a 404 or a totally different ticket on github. I guess that
can be fixed once we have a mapping from trac ticket numbers to github tickets.

Related to that: converted ticket #73 has a reference to another trac
ticket (#51) in a comment, which now links to the (wrong) github ticket #51.
https://github.com/robertwb/issues-import-test/issues/73

Also, the formatting is broken in the description of that ticket (#73).
Might already have been a problem in trac.

And again #73: there is a link to the old hg repo in a comment. I guess we
might simply not be able to recover the old hg changeset IDs to provide a
mapping of those to the corresponding github changeset URLs, right?