[Cython] Migration of tickets from trac to github

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Fri Jul 29 03:50:27 EDT 2016

On Fri, 29 Jul 2016, Robert Bradshaw wrote:

> That's an idea, though then we'd loose things like pull request linkage
> and have to migrate the issues that are already there.

Not that I'm advocating for this option, but pull request linkage will
stay in place: disabling issues doesn't disable pull requests. Also,
references to the old issues might remain valid, although I'm not so sure
about that.

Anyways, on GitHub, you can reference issues across the repositories, so
for migrated issues one could just use that, which brings me neatly to the
next point:

One could also consider migrating Trac to a separate issues-only
repository under Cython account for historical / archiving / cross-linking
purposes, and agreeing to freeze it going forward. From that point on one
might just start making full use of issues under the main repository...

P.S. If you don't want to hear more stupid proposals, please let me know.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev