[Cython] buffer format test failure in Py3.6 - Re: Cython release

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Sun Sep 18 07:27:49 EDT 2016

Stefan Behnel schrieb am 10.09.2016 um 11:45:
> Robert Bradshaw schrieb am 09.09.2016 um 10:11:
>> I'd like to put out another Cython release shortly. Is anyone aware of
>> anything that we should try to get in before then?
>
> I'm seeing these test failures in travis under latest Py3.6 now. Does
> anyone have a quick idea what might cause them?
>
> https://api.travis-ci.org/jobs/158935556/log.txt?deansi=true

Found it. The CPython devs removed the "HAVE_LONG_LONG" macro because "long
long" support has been required since CPython 2.7/3.3. This causes our code
that uses PY_LONG_LONG to be discarded rather than enabled.

https://bugs.python.org/issue27961

I asked them to restore the macro definition. I also made Cython define it
if it's not.

https://github.com/cython/cython/commit/eeef5da28562aac390d34a8a4b8ec35ef03266ec