[Cython] Preparations for Cython 0.26.1 and 0.27

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Thu Aug 3 12:46:29 EDT 2017

Ian Henriksen schrieb am 03.08.2017 um 18:16:
> On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 10:05 AM Matthew Brett wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 2:12 PM, Andy wrote:
>>> One more thing: If there was a nightly wheel like for scipy and numpy,
>>> we could run CI with Cython master. That might lead to finding issues
>>> earlier.
>>> We probably don't want to build cython from source on CI, as I expect
>>> that would take too much time.
>>
>> That's a good idea - I will set that up, and email back here with details.
>
> FWIW, depending on your CI needs using the no-cython-compile option can
> speed
> things up pretty drastically. Cython files don't compile quite as quickly
> with that option set, but installing Cython itself is much faster.

Yes, for one-shot compilations that has always been the recommended way, if
there really is no suitable binary wheel available.

Cython can always be installed and used as a pure Python package, and even
run directly from a git checkout (or submodule if you really feel like it),
without any installation, just by adding it to the PYTHONPATH.